JLJC provides a free four-step job readiness program.
Participants learn interview skills, practice job search strategies, and are coached on appropriate business dress and etiquette.
Please call 704.332.5822 to learn about our next class and verify eligibility.
Things to know:
- We enroll new participants once a month, usually on the first Monday of the month.
- Our doors open at 8:30 a.m. and programming starts promptly at 9 a.m.
- Programming runs from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for four weeks.
- Participants have 30 minutes for lunch, and regular breaks during the day.Plan to pack your lunch and snacks for the day.
program is open to everyone in need of job readiness skills and proven
job search strategies for entry
level positions in the
Charlotte-Mecklenburg area. However, DSS Work First clients must
and enrolled by Mecklenburg County prior to beginning
What we do:
- Participants work with volunteers on mock interviewing and preparing resumes.
- Participants receive help researching employers and creating a personal job search plan.
- We provide bus passes to help you get to interviews and the first days on the job.
- We provide free business dress for those who need it for interviewing & first days of employment.
- We advocate for participants with local agencies to procure childcare, housing & medical benefits.
- We teach clients basic computer skills to prepare them to apply for jobs and succeed in the digital workforce.
- We support clients as they enter the workforce to promote job retention.
- We network with employers who are willing to hire our participants, including those with criminal backgrounds and/or limited work histories.
- We advocate for full time work with living wages and benefits..
What we expect from you:
- Regular attendance and follow-up are required.
- Once enrolled, you will be expected to arrive on time, every time.
- Homework: you will be required to complete applications at
local businesses when not in class.
Are you ready to work?
Give JLJC a chance to help you
find and keep a job.
Click here to practice applying online.
Click here to return to Services page